Waiter – Job Description
We are looking for enthusiastic, experienced and well-presented waiting staff for our restaurant and bar. The ideal candidate will have a passion for great food and drink, with a keenness to extend their knowledge. Almost as important as experience, is being a team player who cares about customer service and is willing to go the extra mile for customers and their team.
Your main responsibilities will include serving customers with a warm and friendly attitude, keeping the service areas clean and tidy, as well as replenishing stock where necessary. You will also be providing customers with knowledge of our food, beer and wine – we take pride in our friendly customer service and will go the extra mile to ensure that our guests have a wonderful experience with us.
· Able to work well as part of a team
· Take pride in great customer service
· Have good knowledge of restaurant and bar work
· Fantastic communication skills
· Have a positive attitude and strive to achieve high standards
· Self motivated and able to use initiative
· Be able to work in a busy environment under pressure
· Good command of the English Language
About the company
At The Highbury Barn our vision is simple – Honest home made food, thoughtful and efficient service along with a passion for hospitality
- Discounted/free food
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From £8.91 per hour
Sous Chef – Job Description
Service and quality are paramount here at The Highbury Barn. A traditional British Pub, we pride ourselves on serving classic British food in an atmosphere of character where the period features provide the perfect ambience for a relaxing drink or meal with friends. Sourcing the finest and freshest ingredients each season there will always be something on our menus to delight. So, whether it is brunch, bar snacks, À la carte or our incredibly special Sunday lunch you will be sure of good hearty food.
We are looking for an experienced, creative, passionate, and qualified Junior Sous Chef to support the Head Chef to manage the daily operations of the kitchen. In your daily duties you will be responsible for:
· kitchen operations, including food preparation, cooking, and clean-up.
· Help in the creation of stylish and well-balanced menus that flow with the seasons.
· Managing BOH costs and margins.
· Maintain excellent Food/Health & Safety standards.
· 3+ years of experience in a similar position.
· Significant experience as a chef, in addition to experience as a sous chef or line cook.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to oversee and manage kitchen operations.
· Ability to remain productive when pulled in many different directions.
Start date, as soon as possible – however employing the right and best person for the position is what we are looking for, so if you are in a position for an immediate start – great. However, we will wait for the right candidate to serve their notice period, integrity counts for a lot.
Only those eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.00-£11.00 per hour